The external genitalia (labia minora, labia majora, clitoral area and perineum) are referred to as the vulvar area and can sometimes require additional care. Our gynecologists are concerned with caring for various vulvar disorders. Most treatments are done right here at the clinic. Don’t hesitate to book an appointment if you experience the following:
- Vulvar pain – Vestibulodynia/Vulvodynia, vulvar fissures, irritation, painful sex
- Vaginismus – pain, anxiety, muscle spasm and difficulty with vaginal penetration
- Cyst or abscess of the Bartholin’s gland (Bartholinitis)
- Lichens Sclerosis – Vulvar/genital itching, pain, discoloration and loss of tissue flexibility
There are also a variety of chronic pelvic pain conditions that warrant a gynecological appointment. These include diagnoses or symptoms such as:
- Chronic pelvic and abdominal pain
- Irregular, heavy or painful periods and ovulation pain
- Pain associate with your bladder or pubic bone region
- Suspected or diagnosed endometriosis, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
While many treatment options are available, a visit with a gynecologist can help to get your treatment started.
ReConnect Health offers a wide range of services including: acupuncture, pelvic floor physiotherapy, orthopaedic physiotherapy, breast health physiotherapy, psychology, massage therapy, and private gynecological services. We also provide engaging workshops, therapeutic group exercise, a caring community, and more.